Project Engineer – Windows Server
Arnet Technologies provides professional Managed IT and Cloud Services to businesses throughout Ohio. We offer a fulfilling work experience that encourages creativity, passion, and individual growth. We are seeking a Project Engineer with expert knowledge to implement projects based on their project plan and budget.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of all scheduled projects per the outlined project plan and budget(s) within our project standard operating procedures
- Providing direction to scheduled resources on those projects by training resources on the technical and tool aspects of the projects
- Assist with improving efficiencies of project delivery
- Assist with overflow, escalated, or urgent service and project tickets as needed to provide a high level of support to our clients
- Oversee scheduled projects as assigned by management to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Handle communications with the client that relate to projects and service tickets
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Maintain direct and open interaction with the Service Desk Coordinator to make sure all resources needed for projects are available and properly scheduled
- Coordinate and handle conflicts with projects to ensure the project is on track
- Participate and contribute to routine Project and inter-department meetings as needed to keep projects on track and maintain good communication with clients and stakeholders
Required Technical Experience:
- 5+ years of experience installing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server in both physical and virtual environments
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy in multi-site domain topologies
- Experience deploying and supporting third party applications based on Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience designing and implementing solutions based on Remote Desktop Services
- Experience with email migrations to Microsoft Exchange and Office 365
- In-depth knowledge of networking technologies including routing, switching and VPN
General Skills and Abilities:
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Have a willingness to develop professionally and continuously pursue technical certifications
- Must practice well-developed written and oral communications skills including group presentations, group facilitation, and customer communications
- Must maintain consistent accountability
- Ability to collaborate, establish and maintain credible and influential relationships at all levels of business
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Ability to time track work in real-time through ticketing system (knowledge of ConnectWise a plus)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in computer-related field, with courses in computer science OR
- Five to eight years related experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft, VMware, or other industry certifications preferred.
- We value accountability, joy, respect, individual growth, and integrity.
- We have a strong sense of urgency and work with intensity. We would like our clients to be served at the highest level as soon as possible.
- Everyone has a seat at the table, with the benefits and accountabilities that brings. One of the many rewards is being part of growing our business.
- We take each other’s feedback seriously. Mistakes are an opportunity to process what happened to learn how to do it better next time.
- We are proactive communicators. We are coachable/teachable, have the ability to retain information, are able to receive constructive feedback, and are curious to learn and embrace change.
- Strong work ethic, dependability, regular attendance, and punctuality are required.
- Everyone demonstrates the ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Our team works collaboratively, using our collective passion to achieve results.
- We require continuous, lifelong learning. We encourage and support seminars, workshops, certifications, and other professional development.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, dental, vision, life, and supplemental insurance
- Paid time off for vacation and sick days
- Paid holidays
- Certification assistance
- Career Development
- On-site café and gym
- Technology needed to do your best work
Please read more about Arnet Technologies and apply by sending a resume, cover letter, and salary requirement if you feel you would be a good addition to our team.