Migrating all, or some, of your work computing needs to a cloud environment makes sense for many small to midsize businesses. Executing such a move can offer many benefits and the right cloud service solution will provide additional simplicity, efficiency, and a better experience for the users — your employees.
In overview, any cloud business solution will offer a promising range of benefits — no matter the organization's size.
- Forget Hardware Concerns — Because servers, networks, firewalls, and the like are now centralized and hosted off-site, businesses don’t have to account for all the hardware upkeep. Whether that is upgrading legacy on-prem elements, net-new hardware purchases, or the cost to maintain such assets, this relieves any business of a CapEx cost.
- Easy Scalability — Because there are no physical limitations — the on-prem data center is now located in the cloud — you can spin up additional resources as needed much more quickly and easily. Need a new server, or 12? You won’t have to figure out how to buy the physical components or where to put them. You’ll work efficiently through your provider to gain them.
- Flexibility in Accessing and Storing Data — Cloud computing allows users to access your data outside of the previous limitations. Your employees don’t have to be on-site to access needed files or information and could use a variety of tools to get them. Just as importantly, cloud implementation takes data storage off your premises (or as much as you want) which means you won’t have to plot out additional investments to accommodate more servers or additional physical space. That data would be stored securely, as well as monitored through the tools and protocol set up by your provider.
But not all cloud solutions are equally effective in delivering the kind of user experience needed to make your work environment more seamless, less complicated, and better performing. Here we’ll examine VMware® Horizon and how its implementation through a managed IT services provider can give you the cloud service solution to enhance your business operations.
Take on IT with Confidence: Arnet Technologies eliminates worries surrounding IT management and support, cybersecurity, compliance, and more. Connect with us today for a free consultation.
VMware Horizon: A VDI-Powered Cloud Service Solution
Horizon is an enterprise-level solution with myriad options, add-ons, and capabilities designed to handle any challenge in a cloud environment. Usually, such a cloud service solution would be out of reach for small businesses due to both the initial cost to purchase the software and the ongoing cost to install and manage it. But by working through a managed IT services provider, small businesses can unlock the benefits of Horizon without overextending to acquire the capabilities.
Horizon is a modern platform for running and delivering virtual desktops and applications across the hybrid cloud, leading to simple, automated, and secure desktop and application management. By integrating with the VMware technology ecosystem, Horizon offers an agile cloud-ready foundation with essential management and security tools that allow users a workplace that’s available at any time and place, and on any device.
Horizon is able to accomplish this through VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) that provides every user with their own virtual desktop. VDI hosts desktop environments on a centralized server and deploys them to end-users on request. In VDI, a hypervisor segments servers into virtual machines that in turn host virtual desktops, which users access remotely from their devices. Users can access these virtual desktops from any device or location, and all processing is done on the host server.
This means that although each virtual desktop is hosted centrally, each also remains distinct. If one employee is using a bunch of resources, it won’t impact the performance of others. If one user needs a server reboot, it won’t interrupt the flow of others. Each tenant, or desktop, in the infrastructure will have its own Active Directory, file server, and other elements that make it feel like its own machine.
Benefits are on the Horizon
The VDI allows for a host of additional features that will improve the performance of the system as a whole, and the individual experience.
- It’s an all-in-one solution, which simplifies management and removes the cost and complications of dealing with on-prem hardware and different providers. This leads to a predictable cost — you’ll know what it takes, exactly, to add an additional user.
- Horizon brings full integration within the platform for key applications needed today, like video conference tools in Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Employees no longer will need to ‘jump’ into and out of a cloud service and an additional computer to access data and present it in a video conference.
- Business data is centralized, secured, and can be accessed anywhere. This means employees will no longer need to download assets to a laptop or phone for use elsewhere, leading to more security for the data as a whole.
- When working with a managed IT provider, you’ll also have managed backup services for complete data and server recovery if needed and 24/7 support on demand to address issues as they arise.
Demystifying The Cloud: Explore our free, no-attachments ebook to cut through the clutter surrounding the cloud and learn how it can power the efforts of your business.
Unlock an Enterprise-Level Cloud Service Solution With Arnet Technologies
Arnet Technologies has more than a decade of experience delivering premier managed IT services to businesses across Ohio. We remove the headaches and hassle associated with managing IT for clients across many industries allowing them to focus on growing their own businesses — and not troubleshooting technical issues. We cover the entire scope of IT services, from managing your network to data recovery and much more, with each customized to your business-specific needs.
When you partner with Arnet Technologies for a cloud service solution you’ll gain access to a team of experts who has the experience needed to create a tailored solution for your business from an extensive list of capabilities. With in-house VMware-certified engineers, Arnet Technologies is ideally positioned to bring this enterprise-level solution to small businesses. You’ll be able to access a best-in-class solution without the upfront expense of purchasing the software and have our experience and expertise to make sure it’s implemented and managed correctly.
If you’re ready to elevate your cloud experience, connect with our team today to learn more about why VMware Horizon is the cloud service solution your organization needs.